Sunday 3 October 2010

A massive THANK YOU to Team Racing 13

My Wife, Claire - she helped with the build of my car, and everything since. Not least, she's been to every event and followed the races up and down the country. Additionally, she's had to put up with me stressing about everything... I love that fact that she's been a part of this - it wouldn't have been the same without her support.

My Mum and Dad - have also followed me to all the events and have supported my racing financially (race gear isn't included in the price of the car...) and without their help, it would have been impossible to do my racing.

My Brothers and their families - who have been to events and made sure I'm well supported. They helped do any of the necessary lifting, carrying and general sorting stuff out.  They also make me laugh.

'The Other' Claire and Ian - both have travelled to events to support me and brought their enthusiasm for racing as well as food and drink. Their gazebo has proven useful and Ian performed as Racing 13's D.O.P.E (Director of Precipitation Engineering) - he carried the umbrella...

Darren (and his gang) - my neighbour couldn't keep away from the car while I was building it and looked after all the fibre-glass (including all repairs). His experience in looking after racing motorcycles certainly paid dividends.

Paul Darbyshire - He provided the van and the driving to collect my kit from Caterham and I would never have got the engine in without him. Incidentally, he's now a very busy (and excellent) plumber.

Tim and Agnes - who have offered advice and support. But the day at the Nuerburgring with you was a highlight in my life as much as a highlight of the year.

Ron - in the Isle of Man but love getting the texts and e-mails of support. I hope you get to come to see a race at some point.

Simon Cox - him and his family have been very supportive. Simon's company Get Embroidered provided all my team-wear which gave us all a very solid and professional appearance at the races.  He's also been willing to offer advice about marketing my racing and has provided some useful contacts.

Steve Robinson - Signs and Graphs.  He did the vinyl-work on my car: the bonnet stripes and Racing 13 stickers.  If he got himself a website, I'd quote it on here!

Caterham - for being relaxed enough to let me call you and ask for anything; professional enough to assist in a way that kept the car going.  Special thanks for Angie (at Caterham Midlands) and Kim (the Academy Co-ordinator).

The Academy Drivers and their families - for making this a year to remember.  Particular thanks to Wes Fox and his crowd from the first day I started building, Mike Linzey and his team for the food and set-up work (cheers Matt), and anyone else who has helped in any way.

My Wife - again.  I love you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment